Who We Help, Why We Help & the Difference It Makes
Headway Blackpool Wyre and Fylde aims to provide information, support and social activities for people suffering from acquired brain injuries. We also aim to support carers, family and friends. Perhaps most importantly, we offer the chance to share experiences knowing that the group members understand some of the problems and difficulties that acquired brain injury brings.
Our Services Are
Our Aims for the future:
- A fully inclusive service to all brain injury survivors across the Fylde coast including but not limited to:
- Those within the community
- Those within residential settings
- Those within hospital and NHS Units
- Those within prison or on temporary release from prison/ parole programmes
- Those who are homeless/ with no fixed address
- Increase day trips/ evenings out alongside the service in place
- Create fundraising opportunities for our members to engage in fundraising.
- Volunteer’s training programme for individuals wishing to get involved in this type of service
- An active volunteers service with a training and development programme for volunteers to be able to work in different areas of the organisation.
- Raising awareness of brain injury and the effects of it to others within
- the community and
- within NHS services
- Understanding that this will have both a positive impact upon how Headway Blackpool Wyre & Fylde members are treated in society and that it is likely to link in with fundraising as more people understand what we do.
- Advice/ Information and an open working relationship with Businesses/Charities